Monday 8 August 2016

Unknown

If you want to know me!

Hello everyone,
My name is Vipul Siddharth. I am studying computer science at Christ University and working in Red Hat as an intern.
Instead of back stories like 'how and why I got into places mentioned above'. Let me explain what I am all about.


Date: 08 august 2016 (To know the recent me,click here)


1. FOSS (Free and Open Source Software). I support open source with all heart and soul and it's a virtuous thing for me. That's the reason why I started contribution to Open Source. I contribute at Fedora project and have been contributing to Fedora QA for months. I can't proceed any further without thanking my mentor Sumantro Mukherjee for teaching me whatever I know about Fedora QA.
Now, Fedora! It is the operating system that has been my primary OS for quite a long time now. I am new to these areas but I am sure my interest in this is not shallow and I will last for a very long period of time.

2. Coding! Around one and a half years ago, I wrote my 'Hello World' program in C without a single idea of the main, printf, and even ' ; '. But since that day, I wanted to learn more and more about Programming.
As of now, I code in Python, C, Java and C++. I can also code in C# but I am sure I am not very good with it as all I did was a very small project and never got an opportunity to start doing it again. So, let me refrain from touching C# here. Wrapping up: Programming- my hobby, Passion, and love.

3. Workout.
 I understand! This suddenly came out of nowhere, right? Out of context. But it's true. I started the gym with the goal to lose at least 10 kg. When I lost 10 kg, I realized I had to go pretty far. January 2016, I started my journey of a fit body and mind. Now, I am 27 kg lesser than what I was before.


I think that was more than enough. Now you know me. Cheers!

WHY BLOGGING:

The Simplest answer for me. Open Source supporter. From the day I started going to Red Hat, I am learning a lot of things that are super cool and very easy to implement. FOSS idea is that if you are getting something, contribute back.
So, I wanted a place where I can share a little bit of what I am getting there.
For the same reason, I am working on the establishment of a tech club with multiple subcategories in my college.

WHOM IS IT FOR:

It's for the people who support FOSS and wanted to contribute back to society but due to some reasons, they aren't getting guidance.
If you want to learn cool stuff, stick around.



Slightly updated (not necessarily fixed or improved) me!


RedHat internship is still going..amazingly!
Still contributing to fedora,
and still love to workout. Have lost 46 kgs in total and loving this fitter body.
Still not sleeping enough because of College attendance restriction, assignments, office, gym and few extra projects that I am currently working on!
I might not have improved, but I am happy the way things are going.

Got an awesome opportunity about which I will be writing a blog separately (Hint: It includes fighter jets).

You can see my badges here for fedora contribution.


I am always open for feedbacks and suggestions.
Email me on siddharthvipul1@gmail.com
Thank-you :)

Unknown

About Unknown -

FOSS enthusiast, Linux evangelist and a programmer heart and soul. In love with Python and C. I contribute to fedora project and seek opportunities to learn more.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :