Tuesday 14 March 2017

Unknown

Aero India 2017

Aero India is a very popular biennial air show and aviation exhibition. I was a part of Aero India 2017 that happened on 14-18 February 2017.
This blog is about the same :)
GRIPEN E (JAS 39)

We (Abir, Harsh, Sanchit and I) got an opportunity to be a part of Saab group as technical demonstrators for Gripen. YES! Gripen!! the fighter jet. We were provided everything we needed, from transportation to food. We also got a very good amount of money as a stipend.
In this show, there were as many as 270 companies from India and 279 from abroad including Sweden, United States, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Singapore, UAE, Australia, Spain, South Korea, Canada and more! Of course, I was representing the Swedish brand Saab. 
More than 200,000 people registered to visit the show. It was at Yelahanka Air Force Base. In simplest words, It was huge. Saab's stall was in hall C and its stall was the most beautiful of all (Not because I worked for them, it really was :D).


Mr. Khunger talking about make in India campaign

On the very first day, after meeting our mentors (Mr. Pierre & Mr. Pontus) and other members (Johannes, Kaj, Fredrik and others), it was time to inspect the cockpit. The mentors taught us about various parts, displays, sensors and technologies in Gripen.
For the next 5 days, we were going to explain the same to dignitaries (Air force, Navy and media personnel) and to the general public. 
Our job also involved the usage of Virtual Reality as well as Augmented Reality technology, in describing a  number of products that Saab had brought to Aero India 2017. My favorite part was working at the FSR display.  

This creepy smile :/ <3 cockpit



Every day, there used to be 2 shows starting from Tejas, followed by different fighter jets, taildraggers, helicopters doing all kinds of stunts and maneuvers. Usually, Surya Kiran helicopter display team used to end the show.
I found my love in fighter jets' thunder clapping in the sky. It's roar felt better than music ^.^ .
Besides this, I also loved ground-based air defense systems. I shot a jet entering in our area and I did it one try (on a Simulator of course!). Learning how to use it was great. I also tried their different defense weapons.



 I visited all the stalls and loved each and everything. Those 5 days ended pretty fast. Although my skin got sunburnt (I was too lazy and careless to apply sunscreen more than once), I would love to do it again. It was pure fun working with Swedish people. The love and guidance they provided, was great.
The team



FSR team

last day picture


In the end, THANK YOU HARSH! :D :p

Unknown

About Unknown -

FOSS enthusiast, Linux evangelist and a programmer heart and soul. In love with Python and C. I contribute to fedora project and seek opportunities to learn more.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :